B2B companies rely on Userled to become more sales efficient. Nowadays, you buy software the same way you buy jeans online, yet companies still use the same lengthy sales cycles that customers no longer want to go through. The new way of selling software products efficiently is called Product-Led Growth, enabling Product and Sales to collaborate so that the product can take care of closing the small deals while sales take care of the more strategic ones. Yet implementing PLG in a company is more of an art than a science.
Userled enables B2B companies to unlock PLG in a fast and easy way with our no-code revenue tool, designed in partnership with the 20 B2B leaders - including unicorns like GoCardless, Remote, and TrueLayer.
At Userled, we strive to create equal opportunities for all social groups, and are committed to a culture where everyone feels welcome and respected. Psychological safety and a culture of openness is fundamental to us.
Engineering at Userled
Tech is at the heart of Userled, with all four founding members product centric minded who worked at start-ups, such as Thought Machine, Paxos, incident.io, and others.
What you will be doing:
- Building our sales automation and productivity platform, bringing expertise to both the front and back end, uniting vision and design.
- Improving our front-end platform, a no-code builder for non-technical stakeholders and the face of the product.
- Enhancing our back-end infrastructure, comprised of an events-based journey executor as well as user and account management services, amongst others.
- Working closely with other engineers, understanding and influencing the full stack.
- Keeping things simple and always moving. Being comfortable with identifying assumptions and running experiments.
- Working directly with the beta users - not shying away from jumping on calls with prospects.
- Verifying assumptions and understanding our customer's pain points in-depth to produce feature suggestions.
- Owning the product and being motivated by its value, user experience and success.
On the technical side, you …
- have more than three years of experience working as a Full Stack engineer. To begin we need people who can hit the ground running.
- have previously worked on a ReactJS app, delivering it into production.
- understand the testing pyramid and can demonstrate how to implement it at each layer.
- have worked with micro-services architecture and have exposed REST APIs.
- have worked on event based message processors and have familiarity with streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka.
- love to collaborate and discuss, contributing to white-boarding sessions and driving conversation.
- are experienced at interviewing and assessing the competence of potential candidates.
- enjoy speaking directly with customers and understanding their problems.
- want to build a team, not just be part of it. You’re happy to take the extra time to explain things, provide actionable feedback, and level up those around you.
- prefer working collaboratively and are happy to regularly pair up with colleagues on problems and solve them together.
- are comfortable with ambiguity, both technically and organisationally.
- share your work early, whether it’s a draft of a proposal or the MVP of a customer-facing feature. You’re happy putting something out there when it’s “70% done”.
How we build userled
Our stack is Go, Typescript with React, and Postgres. Most of us have a primary area of expertise, but we all work across the entire stack to some degree.
For infrastructure, we primarily use AWS, hosted using EB.
We bias strongly to buying tools rather than building them, and invest heavily in a few vs having 20 ways to solve the same problems.
- Your own company card to buy whatever you need
- 26 days paid holiday and generous sick leave policies
- The equipment you need to work to your best, including a new MacBook
- Top percentile compensation package — we give more equity than the ‘normal’ amount so that early employees have financial as well as emotional ownership of userled
- Company- remote working opportunities — we’ll go to nice places & all work together remotely, and userled pays for it
- our CEO is a big mental health advocate as a company we want to support & encourage people to take care of themselves. You have access to on-demand therapist, meditation apps and are free to suggest additional benefits you believe could be relevant!
- Great company events & offsites! We have a rota so everyone can choose what we all do. So far we have a strong tendency towards things that involve water, mountains and beach 😃
- Anyone has the liberty to suggest perks you believe could be cool!
Our commitment to diversity
We embrace diversity at userled. To build a product that’s loved by everyone, we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
How to apply?
Apply here and we will be in touch!
Or for any further questions contact email@example.com
Health and wellbeing
Userled offers top-of-the-line benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
We hold team retreats twice a year – including plus-ones! Past trips have been to Paris, Hossegor (yes we like France), Israel, Costa Rica
£1K Pleo allowance per year to spend on education, remote office and anything you might need to feel comfortable when working
We offer 25 days of Holidays per year and organise 2 team retreats a year where Laptops are not authorised!
You’ll receive all new equipment including a laptop, monitor, and any other accessories you need to do your best work.
Mental Health is one of the things we care about most at Userled.
- We partner with Spill so our employees can have easy access to therapists whenever they feel the need for it.
- We also give every employee a subscription to the Headspace app